The hive-0.10.0 installation is done in below versions of Linux, Java and Hadoop respectively.
I have hduser as a dedicated hadoop system user. I had installed my Hadoop in /home/hduser/hadoop folder. Now I am going to install hive in /usr/lib/hive folder.
- Download hive stable version from this link
- Enter into the directory where the stable version is downloaded. By default it downloads in “Downloads” directory
$ cd ~/Downloads
- Unzip the tar file.
[go to root user by using command: su ]
# tar xzf hive-0.10.0.tar.gz
- Create directory
# mkdir /usr/lib/hive
- move hive-0.10.0 to hive
# mv hive-0.10.0 /usr/lib/hive/hive-0.10.0
[Exit from root to hduser by using command: su hduser or exit ]
- Set the HIVE_HOME path in bashrc file
To open bashrc file use this command
hduser@system_name:~$ gedit ~/.bashrc
In bashrc file append the below 2 statements
export HIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/hive/hive-0.10.0 export PATH=$PATH:$HIVE_HOME/bin
- Type hive in command line and now you can see hive shell.
$ hive hive>
- Now you can play with Hive 🙂